Tenancy Property Repairs
Information for tenants - Assured Shorthold Tenancy only
The following information only applies where you have been informed that your branch is providing a letting and management service. In all other cases you should contact your landlord directly.
In the event that you have had to call out the emergency services (FIRE/POLICE/AMBULANCE) AND damage has resulted to the building or contents, please contact your branch without delay.
Property Maintenance and Repairs
If any maintenance or repair problems arise, which you believe are the responsibility of the landlord, please contact your The Letting People branch.
The Letting People Leamington Spa branch has an online repair reporting system powered by OPEN VIEW, Please contact the leamington Spa branch using the form from the click here link below, or by email at email@example.com for your log in details. Please note that to ensure our compliance, all repair repair requests are required to be in writing and delivered to your branch..
General information. Please note that all repair requests, which you believe are the responsibility of the landlord, MUST be in writing and delivered to your branch. We regret that informal communications are not permitted whether this be by telephone reception and/or answering services, a property visit either by a member of staff, freelancer or contarrctor, as costs and expenses may be incurred on processing your instructions.
- Please provide as much information as possible to enable your branch to assess the nature of the repair. If you are reporting a faulty appliance, please ensure you provide full details of the appliance and its make and model and serial number to ensure that we are able to progress.
- Please ensure that before you ask for a call out you have carried out reasonable tenant/consumer preliminary checks on the fault to ensure that a call out by a professional contractor is necessary. Otherwise you may incur costs for ‘no fault found’ or other instances where it is considered to be a tenant liability. In addition, for service engineer visits for appliances etc you MUST provide access. If an appointment is aborted due to you not being available you may incur costs for an abortive visit and any other reasonable costs and expenses incurred.
- Whenever possible, to provide continuity and avoid any possible misunderstandings, if there are joint tenants (sharers) the LEAD TENANT should liaise with your branch.
- When you have reported a maintenance or repair, and been given a job reference number, there is no need for you to contact your branch again as your branch will, whenever possible (excluding holiday closures), progress reports within 24 hours. If The Letting People branch are instructed by the landlord to arrange contractors, your branch will let you know what to expect and, if possible, a date that the work arranged by your branch will be carried out.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to report any maintenance or repairs items. You should ensure that your branch have your current contact telephone number or email address.
- If you have left a message and not received any contact from your branch you should ensure that your branch have registered your repair request and that you have a job reference number.
To contact your branch in regard to property repairs please click here
We of course want to renew as the house is lovely and we have found The Letting People to be very good letting agents. Mr R Leamington Spa tenant