Thank you for your time in considering the services of The Letting People to promote, let and manage your property.
We offer our services on a #No let - No fee basis and there is nothing to pay until your property is let. However, this is a good time to consider our agency agreements and we offer some useful points to bear in mind when selecting the service that is right for you. # Cancellation fee may apply - see agency agreements.
Is ‘Letting and Property Management’ the best option for me?
- I need the peace of mind that my property is being managed by experienced professionals who can collect the rent and act on my behalf while I am away, on holiday or living overseas.
- I would like the opportunity to apply for *rent guarantee insurance and the opportunity to obtain a further rent guarantee insurance (*subject to conditions, exclusions, and acceptance by the insurance provider)
- I would prefer not to have to deal with tenants directly on a day-to-day basis, nor to carry out property inspections, tenancy extensions, renewals or arrange repairs, (subject to the agency agreement) and not to have tenants contact me at inconvenient times.
- I would like to be offered the opportunity to let my property to company tenants. Please note that many, company tenants, tenants introduced by relocation agents, company home search agents, and private tenants, insist on only renting properties where the Agent assists the Owner/landlord with the management arrangements.
- Our Letting Cost for Assured Shorthold Tenancies are very competitive at only £395+VAT (Total £474) for the letting cost plus 10%** of the monthly rental for the ongoing management. **UK residents Owners only (full terms contained in Agency Agreement)
When should I choose tenant introduction ‘Letting Only’?
- I feel confident in dealing with tenants personally and making the arrangements for and carrying out the check-in, check-out, periodic inspections, collecting and accounting for rental payments and dealing with extensions, renewals or amendments to the tenancy agreement (such as an increase in the rent) and submitting and negotiating claims for dilapidations from tenants deposits with the dispute services.
- If I am ill, or away, on holiday or living overseas there is someone who is willing and able to take on my landlord responsibility, and to act on my behalf, as my agent and representative.
- I am able to take responsibility for arranging contractors for urgent repairs, gas, electrical and fire safety certificates. Also, general maintenance to the property and contents.
- I am experienced to take action in the event of rent arrears, other breaches of tenancy conditions and, if necessary, the serving of statutory notices and dealing with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Our Letting Cost for the tenant introduction ‘standard letting only’ service is only 50% +VAT (Total 60% minimum £600) of the first month’s rent for six month term Assured Shorthold Tenancies. (For additional optional services fees and full terms – see agency agreement)
Please note that the Letting Only service is designed for Property Professionals with a good working knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Acts.
Whatever option you choose, you can rest assured that we would be pleased to provide additional services as required to ensure a smooth letting. We are able to carry out additional fee-based services in-house or use reputable trades people including: professional inventory preparation, cleaning, garden maintenance, building repairs and maintenance, Energy Performance Certificates, gas safety certificates and electrical inspections.
Please note that all our fees and charges are subject to +VAT as applicable
The Letting People inspired me with the confidence that they were able to handle letting our property. We were delighted with the excellent standard of the tenants and the good rental achieved. Ms J, Landlord, Warwick