At The Letting People, we are able to offer a comprehensive range of agency services to promote, and to let and manage your property. Let's consider our agency agreements and offer some useful points to bear in mind when selecting the service that is right for you.
Letting and Management or Letting only? Which service is right for you?
Is ‘Letting and Management’ the best option for me?
- I need the peace of mind that my property is being managed by experienced professionals who can collect the rent and act on my behalf while I am away, on holiday or living overseas.
- I would like the opportunity to obtain a rent guarantee for my tenancy. Please refer to your branch for terms and conditions and costs
- I would prefer not to have to deal with tenants directly on a day-to-day basis, nor to carry out property inspections, tenancy extensions, renewals or arrange repairs and not to have tenants contact me at inconvenient times.
- I would like to be offered the opportunity to let my property to company tenants. Please note that many people, including company tenants, tenants introduced by relocation agents, company home search agents, and private tenants, insist on only renting properties where the agent helps the owner/landlord with the management arrangements.
- I would prefer my agent to deal with end of tenancy procedures, deposit deductions and preparing the property for a new tenancy
When should I choose tenant introduction ‘Letting Only’?
- I feel confident in dealing with tenants personally and making the arrangements for and carrying out the check-in, check-out, periodic inspections, collecting and accounting for rental payments and dealing with extensions, renewals or amendments to the tenancy agreement (such as an increase in the rent) and submitting and negotiating claims for dilapidations from tenants deposits with the dispute services.
- If I am ill, or away, on holiday or living overseas there is someone who is willing and able to take on my landlord responsibility, and to act on my behalf, as my agent and representative.
- I am able to take responsibility for arranging contractors for urgent repairs, gas, electrical and fire safety certificates. Also, general maintenance to the property and contents.
- I am experienced to take action in the event of rent arrears, other breaches of tenancy conditions and, if necessary, the serving of statutory notices and dealing with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme
If you are able to arrange your property repairs but need guaranteed rental collection, our Letting and Rent Collection service may be the answer.
Whatever option you choose, you can rest assured that we are pleased to provide additional services as required to ensure a smooth letting, including in-house or reputable trades people including: professional inventory preparation, cleaning, garden maintenance, building repairs and maintenance, Energy Performance Certificates, gas safety certificates and electrical inspections.
I wanted to let out my flat and I was recommended the Letting People by a good friend who had used them as a tenant for several years and had always been impressed by their friendly but business-like approach.
I found them excellent to deal with and they explained everything to me very well as I was new to letting. I am now on my second set of tenants but more than happy to stick with the Letting People and would recommend them anybody else in my position. Leamington Spa Landlord